Monday, May 13, 2013

The Most Random Blog

Well, once again I ran into the problem of not really having a lot to talk about.  I was convinced to set this little blog to the side and move on.  But then I remembered why I had this thing: to keep memories of our marriage and of life during this new, exciting time.

A couple weekends ago, Will surprised me with a date to a local restaurant called Bocado.  It was within walking distance, so we took the five minute walk.  When we got to the corner across from the restaurant and I realized where we were going, I started jumping with excitement because I had been dreaming of trying this restaurant! I got some delicious steak with roasted sweet potatoes and Will, being the picky eater he is, got their famous burger.



 
After our dinner, we walked down the street to this place called Wired & Fired to paint pottery! It was fun and a wonderful date idea, but due to cost I would probably never go again.

Before
Before



After

After
 We painted a cappucino mug that we have proudly displayed on our built in bookshelf. :)

My parents also came down one night and took us to get tacos at Taqueria Del Sol, one of our new favorite places!  They have a small, simple menu and it is so reasonably priced but absolutely DELICIOUS!  We spent the rest of the night having a fun Mexican Train competition.



Will and I spent a weekend house-sitting/dog-sitting for my sister & brother-in-law.  We had a fun time with our little niece pup!



My friend Jamie Lea and I have been doing a lot of walking around the ATL!




 
And eating King of Pops and dancing at the food truck park on Friday afternoon....





 
And laying out at the pool....

 
Will's brother Wesley and his fiance Abby came up to Atlanta for a couple days and stayed with us.  We went to dinner at Six Feet Under the first night they were here.  Let me tell you, the view is absolutely incredible from the top deck at this restaurant. It's also a plus that we can walk from our apartment.
 



The next night we all went to a Braves game.  We just bought the cheap tickets in the upper level, but my sister and brother in law were sitting in the third row by third base and the ushers quit checking tickets, so we moved down there in the 5th inning.  The seats were SO good and SO close. It felt like you were sitting on the field!



 
& we got to witness Tim Hudson get his 200 wins! So that was really fun.

 
And not really an update, but just a cool picture.  Will and I try to go walking after dinner sometimes and we were walking over the bridge near our apartment and the clouds mixed with the pops of color on the buildings caught my eye.  I seriously love this picture!
 
 
 
Well, that's it for now! I made a few really good meals recently, so I will put up the recipes for those soon for any other newlyweds on a budget. :)

1 comments:

Shannon Hulsey said...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your new life adventures and I love all of your pictures....especially Atlanta sights.....and the railroad pic is awesome.....would look great on a huge canvas. Love your new car.....I've seen the rogue around town...very cool design....I LOVE my Maxima so I'm partial to Nissans....anyway....keep up with the blog....very nifty indeed!! Glad y'all r doing well!!!