Friday, April 12, 2013

Favorite Restaurants

So far Will and I have been to several different restaurants in Atlanta.  I have been to a couple more than he has based on the fact that he works all week.

Some of my favorite restaurants so far have been:

The West Egg
Source
Source
Source
This restaurant is pretty much packed all the time.  Luckily, it is in an area called White Provisions that is within walking distance of our apartment.  My friend and I walked there the other morning for my first visit and I was very pleased!  They give you a ton of food for a pretty decent price.  The inside is very trendy and has an eating area, a coffee shop/dessert type area, and a bar area.  It also has a very nice patio, which we sat on since it was so nice that morning.  Service was great as well!

Park Tavern
Source

This patio says it all!! It is such a cozy, fun atmosphere.  We ate here last weekend and the weather was PERFECT!  It overlooks a lot of Piedmont Park as well as the buildings on Peachtree/W Peachtree Street.  The food was delicious and very reasonably priced.  Will got a very yummy burger and I had a grilled chicken salad.  I can't even tell you what the inside of the restaurant looked like because I didn't even bother to look.  It is a place where you definitely want to sit outside!

Front Page News


Source
Source
Front Page News is another restaurant with an incredible patio (can you tell I enjoy eating outside when the weather is nice??).  The restaurant has a New Orleans/Mardi Gras theme so it has some great cajun food! The first time I went I had a greek chicken sandwich that was sooo good!  The last time I went last week with some friends, I had a muffalatta sandwich.  It was ok, but I probably wouldn't get it again.  Their menu is reasonably priced, slightly more expensive than the first two places but not terrible.

Yeah! Burger

Source

Source
Source
Yeah! Burger is such a neat place and we love it because it is in White Provisions (where West Egg is) so we can walk there as well.  The cool thing about it is that everything is all natural and organic.  So when you eat that juicy burger you feel a little less guilty about it. :)  And the prices are comparable to getting a burger at any major chain restaurant.    Will and I ate there one night with my dad and all 3 of us loved it!

Ormsby's

source
source

We llovvveeee Ormsby's!  Not only is their food delicious, but they have bocce ball….inside the restaurant.  Along with board games, shuffleboard, and pool.  I have been there three times since we've lived here. Yes, 3. In two weeks. AND they are also located in White Provisions, so we can walk or there is free parking. SCORE! I have gotten the fish and chips both times.  It is such fried goodness!  One of the times we went to hang out with some friends and watch the opening day of the Braves, so Will and I ate before we went and just got a bucket of cajun spiced boiled peanuts. They were so good!  Their food is probably the most expensive of any other place we have gone, but it's worth it for a fun night of hanging out with friends and playing some bocce ball!



Well, that's all I have for now! I'm sure I will update again once we try more places.  I just love living in Midtown because it allows us to walk to some great restaurants.  I loved that the other night after dinner we were able to just walk down the street to Yoforia so grab some frozen yogurt.  I have always dreamed of living in a place where we could walk places, and it's finally coming true!  There are sooo many fun and cute places I would love to try, so we're planning on starting a list of restaurants to try.  If you are in Midtown anytime soon I would suggest trying any of these places!!




1 comments:

Daphne Michaels said...

Park Tavern and Front Page News look like amazing places to dine at. I went to visit Albany for a family vacation and went to eat at RiverFront Bar-B-Q. While it's not set up the same as your fave places, I did take my food and took a little walk with the family to eat by the river because the weather and the view were too good to pass up.